Stefan EDCI338 Blog

WOW AND WONDER 4

Today’s post is based on the article One without the other: Stories of unity through diversity and inclusion.

Wow:

• I personally think inclusive education is brilliant idea. This teaching philosophy will be more equal and more likely to create successful learners. I also thought the picture above was inclusive, but the rest of the article told me it wasn’t really inclusive, which surprised me. True inclusion should make no difference. I think that’s a very thoughtful way to think about it.

Wonder:

• Inclusive education is outstanding. If we differentiate the education of those few learners who do not integrate into the collective, then they are likely to be unable to integrate into the collective after learning. What I’m interested in is how to design inclusive education to accommodate the minority without making the majority feel uncomfortable. I thought it was very difficult, but it stimulated my curiosity.

Reference:

Moore, S. (2017). One without the other : Stories of unity through diversity and inclusion. Portage & Main Press.